Spring is almost here!
I can't wait to fling the windows open and hear the birds sing! There are so many things to do once spring hits, St. Patrick's day, egg hunts, Easter, prom, graduation, the list goes on and on and on. These lollipops are perfect for any occassion! Easy and delicious, these lollipops are adorable and the best!
Look at how cute these are! You can experiment with the sprinkles too so you can come up with all kinds of different lollipops! You Will Need:
2 Cups White Sugar
2/3 C Light Karo Corn Syrup
1/4 c water edible glitter (we used star sprinkles but you can use whatever you want!)
1. Prepare your work area since it is important that once your candy has finished cooking you can work quickly:
a. If you have granite or marble countertops, lay parchment paper directly on them in long strips. We found this the best method to work quickly. If not, then use cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. (Note: we tried using Silpat, but ended up with a pattern on our lollipops from the sheets. Yours may not make a pattern, so feel free to try it!)
b. If You're using Glitter. Sprinkle your glitter in 3" circles about 3" apart in 2 rows so that lollipop sticks can face in opposite directions and lay completely flat. If you are using candy, then you can place candy into the lollipops after pouring.
2. Place sugar, corn syrup and water in a saucepan with a pouring spout. Stir until the sugar is dissolved while bringing to a boil.
3. Once boiling, place your candy thermometer in the pot and use a pastry brush to wash down the sides so crystals don't form. Do not stir, but boil until mixture registers 300 degrees to 310 degrees (hard-crack stage) on a candy thermometer, about 5 - 7 minutes. Add your food coloring if you are using it now.
4. Remove from heat and set in the bowl partially filled with ice water for 15 seconds. It will steam loudly! You want most of the air bubbles to be gone, but don't want the mixture to cool off to much because then it won't pour well - and it cools very quickly!
5. Pour very slowly in the middle of each glitter circle until a circle is formed and press in lollipop sticks. Let sit until completely cooled.
Look at how beautiful these are! Let us know if you tried making these beauties. Tag us on Instagram @mojospa and show us!
Until next time! xoxo